Behind every fun and exciting game is a die-hard game designer who does not rest until every part of the game is absolutely perfect. Clipwire Games is looking for a person to undertake that role on their existing and new line of mobile games. A great game designer will relentlessly pursue perfection down to every last detail, and will have an undying passion to ensure all the players of a game are having the most enjoyable user experience that Clipwire can possibly deliver.
- Relentless pursuit of perfection in each and every detail of a game, regardless of how small it may be.
- Pitch games in a clear and very articulated manner.
- Create game design documents and wireframes.
- Design, optimize and iterate on the user experience in mobile games.
- Balance game features and economies.
- Interact directly with our community and incorporate feedback in to future game updates.
- Work directly with development team and art team to ensure game design mechanics and user experience is correctly implemented.
- Design quality games, that keep the player highly engaged.
- Analyze metrics and user feedback to make design decisions.
- Identify game play issues that might harm user engagement, retention or monetization and build a plan to improve and repair such issues.
- Creation of type data/rule sets/configuration data (in game items, unit types, player classes, etc.)
- Must have a personality that takes an immense amount of pride in the products you design.
- Must have a working knowledge of Unity 3D, and be comfortable modifying scripts.
- Proven game design experience with a portfolio that includes games with excellent game mechanic design and user experience.
- Complete understanding of the free-to-play virtual-goods business model.
- Knowledge of software to produce game design documents, presentations and wireframes.
- Experience in game balancing and economy design.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; the abilities to clearly express and defend your design ideas.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks at any given point in time.
- Passion for designing games and analyzing the design of other games, specifically in the mobile space.
- Familiarity with all popular mobile game genres, including base builders, casual, card-collecting, etc.
- Ability to identify mechanics which are, or will be successful, and those that need to be removed or updated.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter and portfolio to email@example.com. Include to word “gdes01” in your subject line.