Hey Everyone, it has been quite awhile since I have written one of these, to long and I apologize for that. Today I am going to go over the patch notes for our next patch.
Before we get to the patch notes, we would like to announce a fixed release date of March 8, 2016. Currently we are wrapping up the last few major issues we have encountered while testing.
I also want to talk about what took this patch so long. We started out planning a series of features for the game, which we put development time into, and then we canceled those features to refocus on setting the game up for localization, while with this release there will only be english, we are going to be adding languages using a variety of sources over the coming months. We also spent a great deal of time working on the internals of the game, so many things have changes to make future patches easier. For future releases we are aiming for one month release cycles as fixed dates.
- New Inventory Window
- New Method for Equipping Ships and Interceptors
- New Side Panels for Ships, Interceptors and Capital Ships
- Overhauled the Battle UI to be cleaner and more responsive
- Each ship has received a new active ability
- Ships active abilities now have a range attached to them
- You can now move by selecting and giving them a move command in all battles except for the Rift.
- Deploy Points costs have been reworked.
- Added an effect when a ship or interceptor levels up.
- You can have up to eight Capital Ships per fleet now.
- Reworked the tutorial to better guide the player.
- Reworked the events to better guide the player.
- We added an icon next to ships and interceptors when you can spend resources to upgrade them.
- Set up the backend for localizing the game, we are going to be implementing additional languages over the next while with details to follow.
- Escorts in battle now reflect that they are escorts by being smaller.
- Ships when equipped to a fleet will not maintain that position.
- We rebalanced normal ships and interceptors
- Damage Dealt in battles is now displayed above ships and buildings.
- We fixed a bug where you could have more than 8 captains by running the game in two tabs.
- We fixed the bug which would allow you to have ships above level 100.
- The public Rift should no longer get blocked by players.